North Carolina is under major attack. Now that the far right wing has gained supermajorities in both chambers of the State Legislature, they are passing far reaching legislation that will impact our people for generations to come. They are attacking our bodies, our schools, our health, our environment, our rights, our communities, our income, our jobs, our democracy and every aspect of our lives.
The people of North Carolina are coming together to put forward the following People’s Agenda:
Invest in Our Children!
- Fully fund public schools (fund Leandro) including early education and childcare, not private school vouchers! Defend Black history and people’s history!
- Protect our children and our communities with sensible gun safety laws!
Fund Health Care!
- Safe staffing in state mental health and medical facilities and universities! Protect mental health of youth and adults!
- Expand Medicaid! Improved Medicare for All – Healthcare is a Human Right! No to BCBS price hikes!
Keep Your Bans Off Our Bodies!
- Defend the right to abortion care and reproductive health care! Protect and increase rural access to OB/GYN and pre/post-natal health care!
- Protect trans youth! Stop criminalization of LGBTQ+ people! Support gender-affirming care services.
Defend Our Rights & Democracy!
- Defend voting rights! No to gerrymandering voting districts!
- Stop criminalizing the right to protest!
- Stop the NCGA power grabs taking historic appointments from the Governor’s office!
Create an Economy for All!
- Raise the minimum wage for all workers to at least $15 per hour. Living wages for all!
- Raise the wages of teachers and state employees to $20 per hour or by 20% over two years, whichever is more.
- Make millionaires and corporations pay the taxes that they owe to support vital public services!
- Support the right to organize a union and public sector collective bargaining! Fully fund OSHA! Safe and healthy workplaces, paid sick leave, paid family and parental leave for all!
- Safe, low income housing for all! Provide direct rent and mortgage relief! Moratorium on evictions, foreclosures and utility cut offs.
- Support minority and women-owned business enterprises.
- Stop attacks on Black, Brown and Indigenous people! Reparations now!
- Protect immigrant workers and families! No to 287G! Community ID’s now!
- Stop construction of prisons and detention centers.
- Expanding criminal record relief and resources for people returning home from incarceration
Protect Our Future!
- Clean water, air and land for all! Environmental and Climate Justice now!
- Hold Big Agriculture, Duke Energy and all corporations accountable for environmental pollution! Expand commitments to renewable energy.
To sign on and endorse this agenda, complete the form below:
Asheville Food & Beverage Workers United
Beloved Community Center
Black Workers for Justice
Brunswick County Democratic Party
Carolina Jews for Justice
Cary Environmental Justice League
Charlotte-Metrolina Labor Council
Comite de Accion Popular
Common Cause North Carolina
Communist Party USA
Community Civil Activists
Community Partners Across the South
Democracy Out Loud
Down East Coal Ash Environmental and Social Justice Coalition
Down Home NC
Durham for All
Durham People's Alliance
Durham Workers Assembly
El Futuro Es Nuestro
Equality North Carolina
Every Child NC
Fayetteville Police Accountability Taskforce
The Freedom Center for Social Justice
Fruit of Labor World Cultural Center
Guilford County Democratic Party
Hate Out of Winston
Health Care for All North Carolina
Health Care for All Western NC
Health Care Justice - NC
Hillsborough Progressives Taking Action
Housing Justice Now Winston Salem
Indivisible Guilford County
League of Women Voters - Lower Cape Fear
Local Progress North Carolina
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America - Asheville Local Group
Muslims for Social Justice
National Black Worker Center
National Conference of Black Lawyers - NC Chapter
National Domestic Workers Alliance - We Dream in Black
NC A Phillip Randolph Education Fund
NC Black Women Rising
NC Budget & Tax Center
NC Climate Justice Collective
NC Environmental Justice Network
NC Justice Center
NC Medicare for All Coalition
NC Medicare for All Coalition Faith Health Caucus
NC Public Service Workers Union, UE Local 150
NC Triangle Socialist Alternative
NCSU Graduate Workers Union
North Carolina Asian Americans Together (NCAAT)
North Carolina Council of Churches
North Carolina Green Party
North Carolina Housing Justice for Black & Disenfranchised Lives
North Carolina Poor People's Campaign; A Call for Moral Revival
North Carolina Stop Torture Now
Only One Earth Coalition AVL
Parents Organized for Public Education
Pasquotank County NAACP
People's Budget NC
People’s Power Lab
People's Solidarity Hub
Pitt County Coalition Against Racism
Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic
Pro-Choice North Carolina
Queer Mobilization Fund
Racial Justice Coalition of Asheville Inc.
Raleigh Area Workers Assembly
Save Our Shaw
SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective
The Social Justice Mobilizing Organizing Group
Southeast Immigrant Rights Network
Southern Vision Alliance
Southern Workers Assembly
Southerners on New Ground - Durham
Third Act North Carolina
Triangle Abortion Access Coalition
Toxic Free NC
UE Eastern Region
Union of Southern Service Workers
Unitarian Universalist Justice Ministry of North Carolina
United for a Fair Economy
Wake County Housing Justice Coalition
Winston Salem DSA
Workers World Party - Durham
Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
Women Leading 4 Wellness and Justice